What do you need to succeed?
- Carry out day-to-day administration, configuration, maintenance and upgrades of existing security devices and platforms
- Provide proactive remote systems monitoring and troubleshooting support to ensure optimum service availability
- Reviewing firewall rules to ensure strict adherence to COMPANY security policies
- Collaborating with Security Architects and Security Operations Teams
- Develop operational improvement plans and transforming the improvements to scalable and automated workflows
- Perform deep dives on complex issues across the enterprise network using automation and hands-on technical troubleshooting
- Maintain situational awareness over the COMPANY environment, including ongoing major incidents
- Build cross-functional relationships within Business Technology Solutions (BTS), Platform Engineering (PE), Security Operations Team (SecOps), Enterprise Architecture (EA), Application Support & Maintenance, and other IT leadership as required
- Provide technical and functional leadership within the network team. As part of this position, required to provide escalation and mentoring to Junior Analyst team members on an ongoing basis.
- Escalation skill responsible for proactively supporting the Junior Analyst members. Empowering them to resolve current issues and develop coping strategies for the future. Provide a healthy and trusting relationship via clear communication and setting appropriate boundaries.
- Support and encourage the professional and technical development of the Junior Analyst members. Provide active guidance to assist in achieving their goals. Offer a fresh perspective and independent point of view, while guiding a process that fosters growth and educational development of the Junior Analyst members.
- Anticipate potential operational risks and develop strategies to mitigate through performance monitoring, trend analysis, capacity monitoring
- Maintain awareness and oversight of critical operational activities and major changes
- Participating in threat-hunting as required by SecOps Team
- Oversee technical bridge and participate in emergency response with the view of providing detailed analysis for postmortem to prevent future occurrences
Ensure the operational policies and procedures are documented and maintained.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATONS:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or applicable work experience or relevant military experience
- 6 + years of Infrastructure Technology experience with a primary emphasis on Network Security Operations in large enterprise environments or relevant military experience
- CCNP certification (or demonstratable equivalent experience)
- Proficient in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco security devices, understanding network stacks, and popular network protocols
- Expertise and knowledge of scripting for task automation, such as Python, PowerShell, building of playbooks in Ansible or other automation platforms
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and communication skills
- Experience interfacing with business partners and performing technology problem identification, troubleshooting and resolution
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive set of Knowledge Artifacts, such as documentation, technical standards, operational procedures, workarounds, and technical drawings
- Information Security and ITIL certifications and experience strongly preferred
Relevant technology experience includes:
- Advanced administration of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco FirePower Threat Defense (FTD) and FirePower Management Console (FMC), Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) including device configuration, upgrades and maintenance
- Excellent understanding of networking technologies
- Experience deploying and migrating firewalls (on-prem and cloud)
- Advanced expertise in multi-vendor IDS/IPS solutions
- Understanding of load-balancing technologies
- Knowledge of routing protocols including EIGRP, BGP, OSPF
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN, 3rd party VPN (site-to-site/B2B)
- Knowledge of proxy technologies, on-prem and cloud-based.
- Data Center design and implementation experience
- Understanding of hybrid cloud deployment
The benefits we're offering include, but are not limited to those listed below. And because we're such a cool company to work at, we're also open to suggestions .
Apply for this job:
To apply for this job, call us at 0745832275, email us at email@example.com or fill up the form below. If you prefer to contact us online, don't forget to send your CV too!