The Quality Assurance Specialist is a specialized resource who is responsible for test plan development, test execution, test automation, and maintenance during the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
This ideal candidate will combine technical skills with business analyst skills and be detail oriented with an aptitude for quality management.
This resource should be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment and with remote team members in different time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience with performance test planning and execution for desktop and mobile devices
- 2-3 years’ experience with developing automated test suites
- Experience in P&C Insurance industry in a technology role preferred
- Experience working with system integrators and/ or in a managed service environment
- Experience working with development teams through the full SDLC – agile experience preferred
- Excellent business and technical analytical skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills required
- Dedicated and detail oriented
- Experience with any continuous deployment tools preferred
- 2-3 years experience with Azure DevOps or other SDLC / test management tools
- Expert experience in Quality Assurance test practices
- Experience with TOSCA or other relevant test automation tools / test management tools
- Experience with complex system testing
Business Analyst experience is considered an asset.
- Support and enhance the SDLC
- Collaborate with people in different locations (including offshore), creating a blended / unified team between internal and external resources.
- Assess and review the technical deliverables during the design phase of a project.
- Create test plans and detailed test scenarios as required, review with project stakeholders for approval.
- Lead automation through design, build, execution, and maintenance of automated test scenarios.
- Liaise between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as supported by the Business Leads and SMEs
- Participate in the report out of quality assurance metrics across internal and external (vendor) teams as required on programs, projects, releases.
- Manage the disposition, assignment, and resolution of defects during the SDLC.
- Consult/Assist with resolving incidents / production support issues on behalf of the business as required.
- Support automation scripts for smoke test, deployments, and patching.
Maintain industry knowledge of Test Automation best practices / tools and enhance company processes as required
The benefits we're offering include, but are not limited to those listed below. And because we're such a cool company to work at, we're also open to suggestions .
Apply for this job:
To apply for this job, call us at 0745832275, email us at email@example.com or fill up the form below. If you prefer to contact us online, don't forget to send your CV too!